Jervis B. Webb Company is a global company that designs, engineers, installs and supports integrated material handling systems such as baggage handling systems, Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGVs), Conveyor Systems and Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (AS/RS). Webb is now a subsidiary of Daifuku Company Ltd, forming one of the largest materials handling companies in the world.
Products manufactured by the company include:
- Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGVs) - mobile robots used in industrial applications to move materials around manufacturing facilities and warehouses.
- Baggage Handling Systems (BHS), a type of conveyor system installed in airports that transports checked luggage from ticket counters through security screening machines to areas where the bags can be loaded onto airplanes. A BHS also transports checked baggage coming from airplanes to baggage claims or to an area where the bag can be loaded onto another airplane.
- Conveyors – Conveyor systems move materials from one location to another along a fixed path. Different types of conveyors have been developed for specific applications such as moving light or heavy loads, moving products through paint processing and moving materials along an assembly line.
- Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (often referred to as AS/RS), a variety of computer-controlled methods for automatically depositing and retrieving loads from defined storage locations
- SmartCart - also known as AGC, which can move products on an assembly line or transport goods throughout a plant or warehouse. AGCs can move small and large loads along a magnetic tape throughout the working area. Other products can be added to AGCs such as longer tape to enable larger work areas or larger AGCs for larger loads. Production rates can be modified by adding or removing AGCs from production.